Positive affirmations (09/12/20)




Positive affirmations 

 

In previous posts, I have talked about the power of thought in triggering emotional and stress responses. Mindfulness approaches teach us that we have the power to control our thoughts, through first of all bringing our attention to them, secondly acknowledging that unhelpful thoughts are not reality, and thirdly through meditation, learning to let go of unhelpful thoughts and focusing on the reality of what is happening in the present moment.  

 

Positive affirmations are another tool that we can use to benefit our mental health. A positive affirmation is a powerful, positive statement or judgment believed to be true. We make unconscious affirmations constantly throughout the day, and they will not always be positive. These can become limiting beliefs and these thoughts are exactly what we are trying to address through a mindfulness approach. 

 

Positive affirmations are a powerful way to begin to shift these limiting beliefs and move in the direction of what you want. You can practice affirmations by writing them down, or saying them out loud as a mantra. Be mindful that for affirmations to have a positive effect on your mental state, they must be believable. For example, if you had just lost your job, it might not be helpful to affirm ‘I am wealthy beyond my wildest dreams’, but a more neutral affirmation of, ‘I will have what I need today’ may help you to move from a stressed to a calmer state of mind.  For this reason, it can be useful to have a list of neutral affirmations and positive affirmations to draw on. Here are some examples:

 

Neutral affirmations

  • I have everything that I need right now. 
  • I am safe. 
  • All is well. 
  • There are many different outcomes possible for me. 
  • There are a lot of ways that what I want can happen. 
  • There’s a plan for my life. I am supported. 
  • More will be revealed here. 
  • I’m open to the best being ahead of me. 


Positive affirmations

  • Money supports and loves me. 
  • When my well-being thrives, everything thrives. 
  • Today good flows to me and through me. 
  • I love who I am, I have more vitality every day. 
  • Life is always placing Good before me. 
  • I provide an exceptional value to the world for extraordinary pay. 
  • I’m always in the right place, at the right time. 
  • I’m worth it and I make choices that reflect that. 


Some people believe that by using affirmations, they can manifest what they want in their life, including money and wealth! I particularly like this abundance meditation by Bob ProctorAs Proctor says ‘If you can hold it in your head, you can hold it in your hand’. I am yet to win the lottery but I’ll keep trying!  


I would love to hear from you if you have experience of using affirmations, or if you plan to try it out.


Enjoy the rest of your week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a wrap! (14/04/21)

Tips for working/studying from home (10/02/21)