It's okay not to be okay (27/01/21)


This week I am sharing a post by my good friend and relationship coach Angharad Owen. I think her words are really important as we move through this challenging lockdown situation - it's okay to be feeling down and frustrated at the same as being grateful for what you do have.
Angharad writes:
"When I am asking people how are they right now, many are responding with:
πŸ‘‰"I’m ok, you know I have a job, I should be grateful’’.
πŸ‘‰"People are worse off than me, I shouldn’t complain’’.
πŸ‘‰"I feel bad saying I’m down, I should be happy really’’.
I look at their face…..and they are in this stiff, stuck, expressionless mode. And I say.....
‘’You know it’s ok, you can be grateful and annoyed or angry.
You can be happy with how life is right now as well as frustrated.
You can be grieving your old life and be happy coming to terms with this new one.‘’
...And there is this HUGE relief that comes over their face and then they tell me how they really are.
The majority of my friends and family have shelter and food, this is HUGE and something we are ALL grateful for but that doesn’t mean we have to repress all the other emotions we are feeling. It’s not helping you or anyone else to try and force yourself into positivity without feeling the ACTUAL feelings you have going on. The positive comes a whole lot more naturally when you ride the inner emotional waves life throws at you first."
Wishing you a positive week✨

Comments

  1. Hey just read your article! Thanks for posting and Appreciate you for taking the time for writing such a great article on brain health.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That's a wrap! (14/04/21)

Tips for working/studying from home (10/02/21)

Positive affirmations (09/12/20)